Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Week of Eating Consciously, Day 2

Note: for "Parameters" see this post.

Breakfast: around 9:45 a.m. (it's Sunday after all)
  • didn't feel particularly hungry
  • ate at table, studiously ignoring Sunday paper (a bit difficult, but successful in doing so)
  • ate at moderate pace, which feels like a snail's pace to me
  • wanted to read the paper! but at least got to chat with hubby a bit about what was in the paper
  • enjoyed food, felt physically and emotionally satisfied Note to self: drinking lots of water helps
  • ate full portion
Lunch: 12:10 p.m.
  • started feeling hungry as I prepared my lunch
  • ate at the table, taking time between bites and putting the food down...but I challenge you all to take a full 6 minutes to eat a moderately-sized sandwich, while doing nothing else! I think it's a loooong time.
  • decided not to have the fruit I was planning to eat
  • felt physically satisfied, but really looking forward to doing the crossword!
  • went for a nice walk with hubby
Snack: 2:15 p.m.
  • ate the fruit I'd been planning to eat with lunch
  • ate quickly but since I wasn't doing the crossword, I was aware that the cherries were getting past their prime
  • did the crossword!
Snack: 4:15 p.m.
  • quick handful of nuts, eaten one by one at the table
Supper: 6:30 p.m.
  • felt very hungry
  • ate complete portion, ate at the table, no reading but it was tough; the food was extremely tasty
  • decided not to have seconds since I wanted dessert; got the dish out for dessert but realized I was too full, put dish back
  • went out for coffee with hubby and son, had 2 bites of son's dessert at café
  • felt completely satisfied, physically and psychologically
And now, off to bed (11 p.m.). Didn't feel like a snack tonight. Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finding it extremely interesting that you chose this angle to chronicle your food. I like the whole "how do I feel", "how fast did I eat?" thing....thanks for catching my interest. I'll be following along daily! :)

    ReplyDelete