Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Not the Food, It's the 'tude

I love words, and mottos and anything to do with language, so here's my new invention:

It's Not the Food, It's the 'tude

I've been thinking about this little expression to explain the attitude that I'm working on developing toward this whole weight thing. In other words, I'm studiously trying to avoid obsessing about the types and amounts of food that I eat. Rather, I'm trying to put food in its place: something essential to my existence, something that's fun, beautiful and enjoyable at the right time and place...and something that I eat in a way that RESPECTS my body (i.e. no stuffing, no starving--think "Goldilocks and the Three Bears": just right).

Of course, as I've said countless times before (dare I say, ad nauseum?), it's an on-going process, but the right process for me.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!
    80% mental 20% food and exercise
    Attitude is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe you can eat anything you want, in moderation. It's the moderation part I'm working on, and you're right...attitude is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, proper eating is about attitude and choices. I found that to be true in my own journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post...glad I found your blog. My tag line is keep the mood and the food real. Same thing only different!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete