Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Slightly Scary

I started this blog in January of this year. Not so long ago. Often, when I make one post, I end up making one or two more in the same day. Is this binge blogging? LOL. Then, I don't blog for a few days. And then, I kick myself in the butt and get busy on my keyboard. Why do I blog? For the discipline; the communication; the opportunity to play with words; the high that I get knowing that even just a few other people are interested in what I have to say; the outlet that blogging gives me to express my concerns and interests (blogging as the 21st century soapbox!); the really cool people that I "meet" through the comments section; etc.

The corollary of blogging is the unsettled feeling I get when bloggers that I really enjoy reading suddenly drop off the virtual map. One day I'm reading a fantastic, insightful post and the next month I realize that there's been zip, nada from the blogger for weeks and weeks, if not many months.

Yup, it's slightly scary.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that i wonder what has happened to people! I've sometimes tried to e-mail them to no avail :(

    ReplyDelete