Thank you, Hanlie, for bestowing upon me the Honest Scrap Award! Where to start? Ten things about me? Hmm:
1. I'm very concerned about social justice and democracy in the world. If we don't all work together, we're going to lose our planet.
2. For six years, I studied full-time to become an opera singer. I did not have a professional career, but it was worth it anyway.
3. I often think that reincarnation is true. If it is true, I was no doubt French in a past life. I wanted to learn French from a very young age although I knew no one who spoke the language.
4. There are three (four?) degrees of separation between me and the man who wrote the theme music for the James Bond movies. He's my cousin's husband's ex-brother-in-law.
5. I am an only child and swore that I would have more than one child unless physically unable to do so. Fortunately, I had two. I absolutely hate being an only child. I was greatly loved but not spoiled. I actually had a lot of responsibility and had to grow up fast because I had no siblings.
6. I love singing soul and Motown music...even more than singing opera.
7. I still cry at the end of "La Traviata" and "La Bohème" even though I've heard these operas many, many times and obviously know that the heroine is going to die.
8. I absolutely adore reading murder mysteries. I love British authors in particular.
9. I did not take my husband's name when I married. I made this decision on principle and also because in Quebec, where I was married, by law a woman must use her maiden name for all legal purposes.
10. I love travelling to foreign countries. I wish I could retire to the south of France NOW!
It's hard to pick just ten bloggers. Some of the people I'd like to hear about have already been tagged, but here are some more names: