Friday, May 8, 2009

The Truth in Numbers

Today I had an appointment with my acupuncturist/naturopath. I'll dispense with all the non-weight related stuff we talked about and get to the point: I weigh 15 pounds less than I weighed at the beginning of December 2008. I think that's pretty damn good. I can't give you measurements, but I do know that I am now wearing my skinny jeans. They are a tad too snug--I like to say that I can now pour myself into them. But the point is yes, I can wear them now.

On the technical side, her scale (a monster dial and arrow scale) yields the same results as my new, sleek electronic scale. My old scale saddles me with an extra two pounds. Yahoo to that too!

Do I have Paul McKenna to thank for this? Yes, at least to a certain extent. I'm not grrreat at "intuitive eating", which is a more generic way of describing the McKenna method, but I think it's starting to make a profound difference in the way I view food in general. So thank you, Paul!

Another piece of heartening news: My acupuncturist/naturopath shares office space with a woman who makes custom orthotics named Heather. I have an appointment with Heather next week and we'll discuss the best route to take with my knee. She'll do a full bio-mechanical analysis of my legs and feet and hopefully she'll be able to measure me for a knee brace that will keep my knee tracking properly while I exercise. I'm very excited about this. Adding a few sessions of the elliptical trainer every week will make a world of difference.

And to top off today's news, I walked 2.7 kms after my appointment.

I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment