Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sustainability

One of the best weight loss bloggers I know is back. Check him out. He was on a long hiatus, but is back again with gentle words of wisdom.

The word that really struck me reading his post today was SUSTAINABILITY. I think it's the perfect companion to moderation, which I discussed in a recent post.

In our physical and psychological journeys, we're all looking for a way to make a real change, a change that will last...in other words, a sustainable change. Personally, I believe the best road for most people to sustainability is moderation, not trying to violently cut things/food/attitudes out of our lives as if they were cancerous.

Repeat after me (yes, I'm trying to follow my own advice too!):

Moderation-sustainability-moderation-sustainability.

Breathe deeply.

Smile.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the sustainability thing. If it's not a behavior that I am going to be willing to maintain the rest of my life, there's no point to changing it.

    ReplyDelete