Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An Odd Gift

Source: failedmessiah.typepad.com


I just checked my e-mail and found a coupon for a hamburger, fries and pop from a small Canadian fastfood chain. It was sent to me by someone I've known for years. She termed it a small, early Hannukah gift (the Jewish festival of lights that takes place around Christmas time but has no relation whatsoever to Christmas, BTW).

This woman is a really kind person, but she has serious psychological issues and suffers from a clear case of paranoia (they enter her house and move things around; they poisoned her dog; they make trouble for her at work; they are trying to control her life...). Since we don't live in the same city, I don't have to interact with her a lot.

I'm not implying that her psychological problems are the reason she sent me this coupon, it's just that that kind of coupon is the last thing in the world I would either want to give or receive as a gift.

I suppose she doesn't know me that well, though we've known each other for 37 years (good grief!).

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart! - And yours!
    And Happy Hamburger Day!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete