Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wall Painting

Imagine painting a wall:

There's a huge wall space where you just stretch out your arms and basically let the roller do the work. Up, down, not worrying about touching a space that shouldn't be painted.

Then you get to where the wall meets the ceiling. Now, you're trying really hard to get things perfect. If you're too careful, you'll leave a tiny, unpainted strip between the wall and the ceiling. That doesn't work. But if you're the slightest bit careless , you'll get paint on the ceiling and that looks messy and you'll definitely have to do some serious retouching.

When it comes to my health and my weight, I'm constantly working in that incredibly tight space where one centimeter too far to the left or the right screws the whole thing up. That's why I'm not writing much lately. I don't want to bore you with issues that no one but I can understand or connect with.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was going to institute a small change in my life that I felt would actually be very helpful to me. The experiment continues. It's too early to say anything---you know the rule about needing 30 days to create a well-anchored habit--but I do intend to write about it in a few weeks time. Please don't hold your collective breath: it's just a small thing, though I think it may be of interest to you and is worth discussing.

My work continues unabated and my desktop is still off due to the virus. I don't have time to be home to bring in a technician and hubby can't stay home either. This is not totally knocking me out, but it is causing great annoyance.

Last week, I was offered a six-day conference, which I refused. I had already signed a contract for one of those days and was offered one more day by another company. Later, I found out that the long conference would have been out of town. Though I did refuse a significant chunk of change, I feel really proud. Financially, things are working out and I don't want to be away from my family again for so long. Yes, it's something to feel proud about.

I hope you're all doing well. I'll check in when I can.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to turning down something financially advantageous that doesn't fit in with family life. Well done.

    Whatever this change is you are working on good luck. As someone who feels totally stagnant in almost everything at the moment it is good to be reminded that sometimes progress takes time.

    I look forward to hearing all about things when you are ready to tell the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to make your home really look really beautiful , paintings are the best way to do it believe home looks very well decorated . If you are looking to find Oil Paintings Reproductions at very economical price or cheap rates, you must visit wahooart.com

    ReplyDelete