Sunday, January 31, 2010

Buffet Update

Ah, the best laid plans...

On Friday, birthday boy called at 3:15, just as I was about to leave for yoga, to tell me that he'd forgotten a previously planned outing with his philosophy club that evening (the kid's a major intellectual and, I admit, a total, though adorable, nerd). Then his friends treated him to supper.

So the buffet went by the wayside. Hubby still wanted Chinese, so my other son and I got some take-out. A much better idea, money-wise and food-wise. For less than half the price, we got enough food to feed all of us practically twice over.

Last night (Sat.), I roasted a beautiful, organic chicken with some olive oil, garlic, curry and rosemary, accompanied by roasted, locally grown root veggies. The house still smells wonderful. And I think there's STILL more leftover Chinese in the fridge.

Happy Sunday to all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy. Looks like the universe was on your side!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and nerdy and good for you!
    Hope you are having a great Sunday evening!

    ReplyDelete