Monday, February 14, 2011

An Unusual Valentine's Day Gift


My husband gave me two official Valentine's Day gifts last night: a pair of red mittens (amazingly, I had almost bought myself a pair of red mittens at the airport on Saturday, while waiting for my flight home--just goes to show how well he knows me!) and a book by an author I just discovered whom I really like.

Bu there was another gift that he gave me and I'm sure he doesn't realize how important it was to me: Now, when he's down in the basement watching wrestling on TV (he got addicted to late-night wrestling while he was doing his Master's degree--go figure) or football or whatever, he hops on the elliptical trainer and does a little workout. I've made a few gentle suggestions to this effect over the years, but now he's finally doing it. He couldn't make me happier!

What did I give him? Two books, one on how to cook various kinds of meat and the other on spirits. He's a real foodie.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the best gift of all he doesn't even know he's given you! Enjoy your book and gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    Red mittens sound yummy! (I kinda have a thing for mittens...must be left over from the kittens/mittens nursery rhyme, which was one of my favs as a kid.) How sweet your husband sounds.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my husband's a doll. And my boys just gave me some roses a few minutes ago. I am a happy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great when you know what each other would love :) Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete